LEISURELY BIKING WILL END ON AUGUST 12TH
Over the Hill Gang Golf Tournament
Tuesday, August 16, 9:00 AM
The second Over the Hill Gang Golf Tournament for 2016 will be on Tuesday, August 16 beginning at 9 am at the Haymaker Golf Course.
– By popular demand this will be a four-person team scramble.
– Cost is $20 per person, which goes to pay the prizes and does not include green fees or cart.
– Men will tee off from the white tees and women from the blue tees. After the best drive is selected each player will play from that position and continue in this same manner until a ball is holed. Teams will be balanced with one low handicapper, one high and two middle so that no strokes will be awarded.
– There will be a prize for closest to the hole on #12 and there will be drawings after play for numerous other prizes.
– You do NOT need to be a member of OTHG to play.
-The field is limited to 5 teams, so let me know as soon as you can that you want to play. Simply reply to this e-mail stating that you wish to play and include your USGA handicap, or if you do not have a handicap include an estimate of your average 18-hole score at Haymaker so I can assign strokes properly and make the teams as even as possible. I hope you can play, it should be a lot of fun!
OTHG Golf Coordinator
OVER THE HILL GANG
THE YAMPA VALLEY CRANE FESTIVAL*
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 10 AT 4:30PM
CARPENTER RANCH ON RT. 40 NEAR THE AIRPORT
Hayden, CO 81639
Shuttle from Steamboat ($10 pp) optional
BBQ by the Routt County Cattlewomen ($15 pp)
Guided crane viewing with wildlife biologist Paul Tebbel and other crane experts
For reservations see below
4:30 – 8:45 p.m.
Barbecue dinner, talk, and guided crane viewing. Dinner will be held at The Nature Conservancy’s Historic Carpenter Ranch in Hayden. You are welcome to come for all or part of the event and can provide your own transportation (car-pooling highly recommended) or register for a seat on the shuttles.
4:30 p.m. Shuttles depart Stockbridge Transit Center in Steamboat ($10) or you can drive yourself.
4:30 – 6:00 p.m. Enjoy a delicious BBQ dinner prepared by the Routt County Cattlewomen ($15) or bring your own picnic dinner. Complimentary water, soft drinks and dessert will be provided to all attendees.
6:00– 6:45 p.m. Presentation by Ted Floyd, editor of Birding magazine and author of ABA Field Guide to Birds of Colorado
6:45 p.m. Shuttle leaves the Carpenter Ranch for guided crane viewing with keynote speaker Paul Tebbel and other crane experts. Private vehicles are welcome to follow the shuttle to the viewing site. Car-pooling is highly recommended to reduce our footprint.
8:45 p.m. (approx.) Shuttles arrive back at the Stockbridge Transit Center.
http://coloradocranes.net/2016-festival/registration/ In the box on the right of the page called “product categories” click on Saturday’s events and then at the bottom click on Evening Shuttle and/or BBQ dinner and book and pay for the event.
*The OTHG group will be part of a larger group attending the Festival. For the complete festival schedule go to http://coloradocranes.net/2016-festival/detailed-schedule/